Are you looking for the best restaurant website builders to launch your brand new site? Well, then you have come to the right place. Here I am going to discuss in detail the website builders that can prove to be the best option to build a website for your restaurant.
Do you know that around 93% of people view online menus before they dine out? The web is the first place a person prefers to look for things, that is why having a website is vital. As it goes, ‘the first impression is the last impression’, so if someone is looking for your restaurant on the web, having a good professional looking website popping up on the browser certainly creates a good first impression. Besides, it also helps in improving the user experience.
Restaurant websites are not just simple or conventionally built, they need to be attractive and the basic theme of your restaurant should be reflected through the website, to create a great impression. And that is where the best restaurant website builder can be a free hand to you.
A good restaurant website has a superb navigation menu and must provide the customers with all of the necessary information easily. Note that using these website builders to build your website also provides extra features and functionality which improves the performance of a site. So, you can build a perfectly designed with any of the builders mentioned on the list depending upon your needs and budget. And that is because all of these website builders have the necessary features (if not all) that are required to build a website for a restaurant. So, without any delay let us find more.
Things to Look for in the Best Restaurant Website Builder
Before discussing the list, here are a few things that you need to know while choosing the best restaurant builder. First thing first, the website builders for a restaurant must be cost-effective and straightforward. They must come with tools that allow you to provide a smooth experience for the users. It must be able to easily integrate menus, online reservations, maps, contact information and so on. Since the restaurant’s food menu keeps changing with various add-ons and special dishes, the website builder must be easy to modify. Here are some of the important factors that you need to note while choosing the best restaurant website builders.
Here is what you need to know about before choosing the website builder for your restaurant:
User-friendly: It is important to create websites that are highly effective yet easy to use. So, while looking for a website builder choose the one that comes with highly intuitive editing tools to help your website look and function in the best way.
Online ordering & reservations: Restaurant websites must be fully integrated with online ordering and booking systems.This way your customers can directly place orders and book reservations from your website.
Menu Service: A good restaurant must offer an easy way to showcase food menus online and must reflect the theme of your restaurant. The website builder you choose must offer a well-designed menu page, food images, price and most importantly easy to modify.
Social Media Integration: You can take advantage of popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and others to get more traffic to your website. Therefore, the website builder you choose should connect your restaurant page with the social media platforms.
SEO Capabilities: Website builders must create web pages for restaurant websites that help in improving the ranking on the search engines. Also, responsive designs and page load speed ensures a great user experience no matter what device they are using. Additionally, SEO tools and social media integration is an important ranking factor.
Cost-effective: You need to select a website builder that falls under your budget. Notably, there can be many hidden costs so don’t just choose the cheapest option, look up things.
Customer Support: To attain trust and customer retention having 24/7 support is an add-on. Besides, it helps in improving the online reputation of your business. This is especially important if you are new to the business.
List of Best Restaurant Website Builders 2021
Best Restaurant Website Builders (Review)
TemplateToaster is an offline website builder that allows you to create website templates and themes for your restaurant quickly without needing to code. This website template generator can produce themes and templates for major Content Management Systems, namely WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Prestashop, Virtuemart and Drupal. It is a desktop-based software so you can run the software offline, once it is installed on your computer and use unlimited trials.
Buying a theme is a cost-effective solution to build a restaurant website design. However, with platforms like TemplateToaster, you can easily install the software and use it to design the website just the way you like. You can widen your horizons of creativity, and the final results for your restaurant websites will certainly be of high quality, and unique, which is a must for your restaurant.
So, you can create food and restaurant websites with templates and themes generated using the TemplateToaster program. These templates are specifically designed to meet up your restaurant website requirements. TemplateToaster offers restaurant templates to edit and modify with no coding skills.
- Compatibility with major CMS platforms
- Templates comply with the latest web standards, notably W3C and Bootstrap
- Responsive web design pre-ready templates
- Drag and drop template builder with WYSIWYG editor
- Easily add as many widget areas or module positions as you like, to improve website navigation.
- In-built image editing
- Pre-defined colour schemes
- Top-notch customer support
TemplateToaster offers pretty decent value for money plans. It includes a free trial, for which you can unlimitedly use and experiment with the software. But it won’t let you create a website for upload during the free trial. Nevertheless, it has two plans to choose from, so you can select based on your needs and budget.
- The Standard edition: $27.45
- The Professional edition: $68.66
- The restaurant templates are 100% responsive
- These templates have user-friendly designs
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Vibrant colour palette
- Google font library
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Huge collection of free restaurant themes and templates
- Quite affordable
- It is desktop-based software so you cannot work online
- No Mac version
- Need basic knowledge about the CMS
Weebly is again one of the best restaurant website builders out there, because for several reasons but primarily because of its performance. It is a good drag and drop website builder that you can use to create out-of-the-box restaurant websites and promote your business. With Weebly you can easily create a restaurant website or food page for your website, so make sure you are ready to have a website up there. It is safe to call Weebly a great website builder for restaurant websites as it offers great features and layout options.
Weebly gives you 350 options for applications to choose from, which can easily help in improving the functionality of your website. Thus you can easily accept reservations and bookings, shoe food menu, accept food orders and much more.
- Display yummy restaurant food menu along with an editor that is super easy to use
- Accept unlimited orders online with no hidden costs or commissions
- Free table reservation with possibility order food ahead of time
- Visual drag and drop online menu editor
- Easily upload food image and a suitable collection of food images available for use
- Different opening hours for pick-up and delivery
- Order for later and schedule fulfilment
Firstly, Weebly offers a free plan that you can use to build, publish a website totally for free. But, I do not recommend the free plan for restaurant building because it has limited storage (500 MB), adverts are shown on the site, and you cannot use the custom domain. So, instead, you can choose from the paid plans that are listed below:
- Connect plan: $5 /mon
- Pro plan: $12 /mon
- Business plan: $25 /mon
- User-friendly, single page checkout
- Restaurant app for receiving orders (ios & Android)
- Easily customizable templates
- Responsive designs
- Supports promotions
- Customizable food menu items
- Drag and drop customization is limited
- No website restore option
- May come across issues with image and photo editing
- Customer support is quite expensive
Wix is certainly one of the best restaurant website builders and one of the most popular ones on the list. No matter what kind of restaurant you own or you are planning to launch Wix is one website builder that you simply cannot ignore. In fact, it is one of the most beginner-friendly website builders out there.
You can use Wix to build a professional food menu, and customize the design just the way you like. Besides, you can build a restaurant website with an amazing set of features like taking online orders without paying commissions, customers can book tables round the clock, and also promote your restaurant with powerful marketing tools.
If you are creating your website for the first time, then you will be pleased to know that Wix is easy to use and is quite flexible when it comes to designing. Wix offers many easy to use features that allow you to make a great restaurant site. It has one of the most extensive library of templates and comes with 60+ templates that are specific for the restaurant website and mobile-optimized templates. Additionally, Wix comes with a different web development process, code, editor, and ADI, so you can choose based on the level of experience you have.
- Beautiful responsive website templates for your restaurants
- Promote your restaurant business on social media
- Easy to make online orders
- Google event calendar notifies everyone of the upcoming events
- SEO tools and Analytics tool designed to help your business stand out
- Wix mobile app let’s manage the restaurant directly from your phone
- Mobile-friendly websites
Wix comes with 4 pricing options that are great for showcasing beautiful looking websites.
- VIP: $4.47 /mon
- Unlimited: $2.54 /mon
- Combo: $1.72
- Connect domain: $1.10
- Menu builder
- Professional templates
- Marketing tools
- Mobile business management
- Secure payment solutions
- Customers can book tables 24/7
- Take online orders without paying commissions
- You cannot apply another template to the website once you have built it.
- Cannot export digital products.
- Cannot switch templates once the website is built.
- Unable to export blog posts.
Shopify allows newbies and professionals to create restaurant websites without knowing much about coding. It is a web application that helps you build a website just the way you want it. However, if you are familiar with HTML or CSS then you will; be happy to know that the platform provides both. Shopify offers a hosted solution, thus it runs on its server, so you do not have to buy a web hosting service or install software to run the platform.
With Shopify for restaurant websites, the key thing is that you need to create and market the website – like the template, payment processor, blogs, or even the tools for email marketing. If you want to build a website for your restaurant using Shopify, then you will be pleased to know that it is very easy to add menus, create collections, and design a website using the platform. Also, you can bring your restaurant orders online with Shopify.
- Bring your restaurant orders online with Shopify
- With the Shopify app, you have the freedom and flexibility to customize
- Restaurant responsive themes
- Unlimited Google fonts
- SEO optimized
- Amazing layout variations
- Social networking
- 24/7 customer support
There are 5 Shopify plans that you can choose to build a restaurant website. Besides, you also get 14 days free trial.
- Shopify Lite: $9
- Basic Shopify: 29
- Shopify: $79
- Advanced Shopify: $299]
- Shopify Plus: Custom Pricing
- Easy to use website builder
- Attractive looking templates for restaurant website that are fully responsive
- Abandoned cart saving functionality is available for each plan
- Create a version of Shopify restaurant websites in different languages
- Email marketing tools
- Both ios and Android mobile apps for managing your restaurant
- URL structure is not ideal for SEO
- Unless you are using Shopify payments, it will charge transaction fees
- Content does not reformat if you change to another theme
Squarespace is an ideal choice to create a restaurant website that has the best quality designs and features. It is a powerful website builder that comes with in-built tools to build a beautiful looking website for small restaurant owners and creatives. Besides, Squarespace has better blogging tools and customer support than most of the website builders mentioned on the list.
The platform comes with more than 100 templates that are fully mobile responsive. With its recent updates, Squarespace brought useful additions to the editor and some more responsive template designs. Other features also include member area, Squarespace scheduling, and its very own email marketing tool, which are a great add-on for your restaurant website. Squarespace also has an entire section dedicated to restaurant owners. Although the platform has remarkably improved with its latest updates, it may take a while to grab a hold on the website, especially with the usability.
- Social media integration
- 100 sophisticated themes
- SEO and marketing
- Third-party apps to choose from Squarespace extensions
- Buy a domain name from Squarespace
- All third-party domains come with SSL security
- Event planning with Squarespace scheduling
- 5 different Squarespace apps
- Excellent customer support
Squarespace has 4 plans to offer, so you only pay for what you need And the best part is you get dedicated customer support with all of the plans.
- Personal: $16 /mon
- Business: $26 /mon
- Basic Commerce: $35 /mon
- Advanced Commerce: $54 /mon
- Amazing templates that are optimized for mobile use
- Squarespace apps allow you to edit pages on the go
- Can restore deleted pages and posts up to 30 days
- Integration of blogging feature
- Ios and Android apps
- Can be a bit tricky to learn, so if you are in a hurry then it may not the best website builder for you
- The editor can be a little too manual, for example, you need to save each time you make changes
- Provides only one sub-navigation
- Templates do not offer the best page speed
Bonus- Best Restaurant Website Builders
Jimdo is again a useful website builder to create unique and out-of-the-box restaurant websites. It is a flexible and easy to use website builder that helps you create a website that goes best with your restaurant theme and food.
With an amazing set of features, Jimdo is a great website builder that offers strong competition to the big names like Wix, Weebly, and others. It is straightforward and a great option for beginners who do not have much knowledge about coding. By using its editors namely Creator and Dolphin, you can surely make an impressive presence on the webs with your restaurant site. The creator is pretty much self-explanatory, and Dolphin is an AI web designer that does most of the work for you
With Jimdo you get three paid plans and one free plan. The Play plan is free but you do not get a domain name with it.
Start: $9 /mon
Grow: $15 /mon
Unlimited: $39 /mon
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Attractive modern-looking designs
- Improved editing tools
- Mobile responsive
- Loading page speed is very fast
- Can do better with the features
- Limited SEO
- Design options are not great
- HTML element, social media button and other extensions are not available
Strikingly is a great platform for someone who wants to build or redesign their restaurant website and give it a completely new look. It was launched not long ago in 2012 but has gained immense popularity over the years, and here it is on our list of best restaurant website builders. The website builder focuses on creating a single-page website without needing to code.
When It comes to restaurants it offers a wide horizon of streams to explore and components for a one-page website launch. Strikingly is compliant with the latest technical standards to serve the web users with the best of its capabilities. So, you can edit, change any section of the page using Strikingly. Thus create an amazing online presence for your restaurant that will reflect in your sales. The designs look modern and will be shown on your mobile devices. Besides, if you need a restaurant website with more than one page then you can easily go for the Pro plan, as it allows you to build up to 20 pages.
Besides the Free plan, Strikingly offers two more plans to choose from.
- Pro: $20 /mon
- Limited: $12 /mon
- The drag and drop feature makes it super easy for beginners to use the website builder
- Attractive template designs
- Analytics tools with all of the plans
- Best editor if you want to create single page sleek looking designs
- Affordable solutions
- Best customer support
- It is difficult to rank a single page
- The free plan does not have enough features
- The Pro plan is quite expensive
What to look for in the Best Restaurant Website Builder?
Now that you have a complete list of the best restaurant website builders do not get confused. Also, note that just because a website builder is free does not mean it is the best option, so make sure to look for features and what your restaurant needs – like mobile optimized templates, add menus, time scheduling and more.
While making the list here are a few criteria that I looked for:
Free, is it?: If free is what you are looking for in the restaurant website builder, then do check if it is free. Check for free trials and also know the hidden costs.
Inexpensive add-ons: Not all the features come for free, the website builder can have the best of the in-built features, but maybe your restaurant needs additional features. A good website builder offers add-ons so you do not have to pay a dime.
Design flexibility: Your website must reflect the theme of your restaurant so I made sure to check how much flexibility each of these website builders has to offer. Personally, TemplateToaster and Wix are my favourites when it comes to flexibility.
Ease of use: Of course, a website builder is of no use if it is hard to learn or very clumsy. All of the website builders mentioned above have a little learning curve, and you do not require any sort of coding skills to build your restaurant website using these builders.
Wrapping up… The Best Restaurant Website Builders
So here you have it. You have vast options of website builders to choose from to make a unique and creative website for your restaurant. Most of the solutions provide great design capability and flexibility when it comes to building a website.
However, the one you choose primarily depends upon your website requirements and the budget. With a little bit of time and research, you can create a great website for your restaurant and your customers will not have a hard time finding you online.
I hope this article helps you make a choice. Do let me know which website builder you choose for your restaurant. Also if you have more suggestions let me know in the comments section. And make sure to subscribe to our blogs for more updates.